In addition to being one of the best insurance companies for Medicare Advantage in California, Sharp Health Plan is also among the highest rated in the country, with an overall rating of 5 out of 5 stars from Medicare for 2022. This is Medicare's highest possible rating, reflecting the extra steps Sharp Health Plan takes to do what's right for its members.
“Earning 5 stars from Medicare is a tremendous achievement,” says Chris Howard, chief executive officer of Sharp HealthCare. “Sharp Health Plan’s sheer number of best-in-class
accolades this year is a testament to its superior quality, and a very important part of our world-class delivery system.”
These honors build on Sharp Health Plan’s commitment to deliver high-quality coverage and service, resulting in national, statewide and local recognitions, including the following:
- Best Insurance Companies for Medicare Advantage in California by U.S. News & World Report for 20221
- 5 out of 5 stars from Medicare for 20222
- Highest member-rated Medicare Advantage plan in San Diego for 20223
- Highest member-rated health plan in California for the seventh year in a row4, with the highest member ratings for health care, personal doctor and specialist among reporting California health plans5
- One of the highest rated health plans in the nation with a rating of 4.5 out of 5 in the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2020-216
- 5 out of 5 stars from the Office of the Patient Advocate for overall patient experience for 2020-217
- Best Insurance Provider in the 2021 San Diego’s Best Union-Tribune Readers Poll8
“These quality ratings are the result of Sharp’s integration, where world-class care and coverage come together. Thank you to our incredible provider and pharmacy partners and our amazing employees for delivering The Sharp Experience each
and every day,” says Melissa Hayden Cook, president and chief executive officer of Sharp Health Plan. “With Medicare’s Annual Election Period happening now, we encourage all Medicare-eligible San Diegans to enroll in Medicare
Advantage to receive the highest quality, coordinated care at the best value versus original Medicare.”
This year, Sharp Health Plan introduced a new Sharp Direct Advantage® VIP Plan that offers more value and extras like $0 monthly
plan premiums, $0 primary care and specialist visits and much more. Visit sharpmedicareadvantage.com/our-plans to learn more about Sharp Health Plan’s Medicare
Advantage plans, or sharphealthplan.com/honors for a complete list of quality ratings.
About Sharp Health Plan
Sharp Health Plan is a locally based, nonprofit health plan that has been serving San Diegans for almost 30 years. With 145,000 members, Sharp Health Plan offers San Diegans access to high-quality and affordable health insurance through their
individual and family plans, commercial group plans, and Medicare plans. They continue to be recognized nationally and locally for their award-winning healthcare for San Diegans of all ages. Visit sharphealthplan.com to learn more.
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s Healthcare
Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care. NCQA’s website (ncqa.org) contains information to help
consumers, employers and others make more-informed health care choices. NCQA can be found online at ncqa.org, on Twitter @ncqa, on Facebook
at facebook.com/NCQA.org/ and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/ncqa.
Sharp HealthCare Public Relations and Communications
email@example.com | 1-858-499-4117 Office | 1-760-525-0671 Mobile