To be eligible to enroll as a member with Sharp Health Plan, an employee must meet the following requirements.
- Be an active employee and satisfy the minimum hours per week requirement, as defined in the group agreement.
- Have completed the waiting period defined by your group.
- Work or reside within the service area of San Diego County and southern Riverside County.
- Satisfy all eligibility requirements as defined in your group agreement.
- Elect health care coverage through Sharp Health Plan by submitting eligibility details through a form approved by Sharp Health Plan within thirty-one (31) days of the eligibility effective date.
- Never have had coverage terminated for cause by Sharp Health Plan.
Enrollment kits are available for employers. Please contact your account manager for a supply of these kits.
Be sure to send new enrollment notifications as they occur. Timely notification of enrollment changes will help us serve members in the following ways:
- Member eligibility will be visible to providers.
- Members will be able to access care on their effective dates.
- Members will receive their member ID card in a timely manner.
- Billing adjustments will be processed and appear sooner.
Formerly ineligible employees
Eligibility changes can only be made for qualifying events, such as marriage or a birth or adoption. The employee becomes eligible for coverage on the first day of the month following the qualifying event.
Employees who have been rehired will be subject to the rehire waiting period as defined by the employer.