Orzo and Chickpea Soup with Turmeric-Ginger Broth
Yields 2 servings
- 3 cups water
- 4 single-serving turmeric-ginger tea bags (or any tea variety, including ginger, jasmine or green)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges, to serve
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked orzo (or other small pasta)
- Asian chili sauce, to serve
In a small saucepan on high, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat. Add tea bags, coconut milk and lime juice. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in salt and fish sauce. On medium, bring to a simmer and then remove from heat.
Divide chickpeas and orzo evenly between 2 bowls. Pour hot tea mixture evenly into bowls. Serve immediately with lime wedges and a splash of chili sauce.
Recipe adapted from Food & Wine.