Dec. 11, 2019 — Gently pressing these six pressure points can reduce stress and help ease headache pain. George Montes, a licensed massage therapist at the Sewall Healthy Living Center at Sharp Coronado Hospital, shows you how.
- Press the space between your eyebrows where the forehead and the bridge of your nose meet.
- Locate the soft area behind your eyes — between your forehead and the ears — and press firmly.
- Find the soft depression along your inner wrist, in line with your thumb, and push down.
- Press on the soft area where your thumb and forefinger meet.
- Find the soft area about a thumb-width from where your second toes connect. Press firmly.
- Use your thumb to press the soft area on the side of your neck, at the base of your skull.
Hold or massage each pressure point for one minute to help relieve tension, stimulate circulation and alleviate headache symptoms.