If your doctor is unavailable or you need care outside of their office hours, urgent care is a good option for treating a wide variety of illness and injuries. Common reasons to visit an urgent center include:
- Sprains or strains of your arms or legs
- Headaches that are not typical for you
- Sore throat, cough, flu or low-grade fevers
- Minor burns
- Broken bones where you don’t see an obvious deformity
- Cuts that may need a few stitches
- Urinary tract infections
- Persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Most low back pain
Make sure that you visit an urgent care that’s within your plan network. Otherwise you may end up having to pay higher costs when accessing care.
If your plan medical group is Sharp Rees-Stealy, you can check urgent care wait times online.