If you set up automatic payments on our payment portal, please be sure to schedule your monthly payments for any day of the month between the 1st and the 25th. If you’d like to make a payment after the 25th, you can do so by making a one-time
The current month’s payment must be received, processed and posted to your account by the first day of each coverage month. As a reminder, it can take up to two business days for your payments to be processed. This may result in you getting a late
letter if you make a payment after the 25th.
The Department of Managed Health Care requires us to send late letters to members, even when they’ve made a payment but it hasn’t yet been processed. To avoid receiving a late letter, we recommend paying between the 1st and the 25th of every
month before the covered period begins. To see what automatic payment date you have selected, or to change a previous selection, please visit the payment portal.
Other important reminders
- Make sure to update your automatic payments each year with your new premium amount (before Dec. 31), or if you make changes to your coverage midyear. If you terminate your plan or no longer wish to make automatic payments, you are responsible for
canceling your automatic payments online.
- Online payments can only be made against a primary subscriber’s member ID (or the main person on the account). If you are not the primary subscriber but wish to make payments, please navigate to your profile within the payment portal, and update
your account type to “I’m paying on behalf of someone else” and follow the instructions for adding a subscription.
- If you change your benefit plan and make a payment after the first, it will take 60 days for the change and payment to be reflected in your bill history and statement.
- We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, debit cards (endorsed by Visa or MasterCard), checks, money orders, cash, bank wire and e-check.
- If you need to pay a medical bill or copay, please call your provider or visit sharp.com/patient/billing to make a payment.
If you have questions, please contact Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-858-499-8300. We’re available to assist you Monday –
Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.