We thank you for choosing Sharp Health Plan for your health coverage. Renewing your plan is simple. How to renew will vary depending on whether you purchase your health coverage directly from us or from Covered California. Here's what you should know.
Members who purchase directly from Sharp Health Plan
- If you do not actively renew your insurance or select a different health insurance plan, we will automatically re-enroll you and members of your household into your current health plan, if you remain eligible and your plans are still available. We'll renew your insurance using the most recent household size and income information on record.
- Please be sure to pay your bill by the due date. This will ensure accurate and timely premium payments and prevent any disruptions in your coverage.
- If you pay your premium bill through auto pay, you will need to update your auto pay account on our online payment portal with your new 2019 premium amount. You will need to update and pay against your account before December 26.
- Even after you have been automatically renewed, you can make changes to your health plan until December 15, 2018 for coverage beginning January 1, 2019. You will have until January 15, 2019 to make changes for coverage beginning February 1, 2019.
- After January 15, 2019, you will have to wait until the next open enrollment period to obtain coverage or have a qualifying life event for special enrollment. Special enrollment is all year round.
- Remember: If you qualify for a premium tax credit, you can get those savings only if you enroll through Covered California®. Go to CoveredCA.com to see if you qualify. You can check to see if you qualify for a tax credit for 2019 even if you didn’t receive one in 2018.