To be eligible to enroll as a member with Sharp Health Plan, an employee must:
- Be a full-time, active employee and satisfy the minimum hours per week requirement as defined in the group agreement
- Have completed the waiting period defined by your group
- Work or reside within the service area of San Diego County and southern Riverside County
- Satisfy all eligibility requirements as defined in your group agreement
- Elect health care coverage through Sharp Health Plan by submitting eligibility details through a form approved by Sharp Health Plan within thirty-one (31) days of the eligibility effective date
- Never have had coverage terminated for him/herself or any dependents for cause by Sharp Health Plan
Each enrollee should be provided an enrollment kit. Please contact your account manager for a supply of these kits.
Be sure to send new enrollment notifications as they occur. Timely notification of enrollment changes will help us serve members in the following ways:
- Member eligibility will be visible to providers.
- Members will be able to access care on their effective dates.
- Billing adjustments will be processed and appear sooner.
- Members will receive their member ID card in a timely manner.
Formerly ineligible employees
An employee changing from part-time to full-time status will be eligible for coverage the first day of the month following the completion of the waiting period after becoming full time.
Employees who have been rehired will be subject to the rehire waiting period as defined by your employer.