State tax penalty information
Individuals who enroll by March 31 will not have a state tax penalty. However, individuals who wait and enroll in April – June will have to pay a coverage-gap, state tax penalty. Please visit our website for helpful tax penalty information, like details on getting financial help, resources for estimating tax penalties, and facts on qualifying exemptions.
Get a quote
You can get a quote for a client and have them apply online,
or through Covered California’s website if they qualify for financial help. During this time
of national emergency, we know there are thousands of people affected by income changes, reduced hours and layoffs. Your clients who are currently enrolled off-exchange may be eligible to switch to Covered California, keep their same Sharp Health
Plan coverage, and get financial help. Please contact our IFP sales team for further assistance.
Key selling points for our individual and family plans
- Now more than ever, it’s important to have access to the best care. In addition to having some of the lowest rates in the region, Sharp Health Plan continues to be recognized in California and nationally for their affordable, high-quality care
and service. Visit honors and accreditation to learn more.
- Sharp Health Plan provides affordable access to Sharp HealthCare through Covered California, including Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG), Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group and all Sharp hospitals.
- Sharp Health Plan has reduced their rates across their Platinum, Gold, and Silver tier plans for 2020, with significant savings on their Silver tier plans both on- and off-exchange.
- Sharp Health Plan’s Silver 70 HMO Performance Plan is now available off-exchange.
- Sharp Health Plan’s average rate reduction (-8.3%) was the largest decrease in the region among carriers on Covered California, with select plans reduced up to 15%.